Manufacturers around the world rely on the multi-functional Sentinel Blackbelt. Why? With so many standard features and available options, it’s easy to customize a leak test for a wide variety of scenarios.
But the CTS team is never content with the status quo. We work side-by-side with our customers to understand how we can enhance the solutions we offer. Here is how we have updated the Blackbelt:
Broader range of test types and flow rates
Manufacturers have always been able to run a multitude of different tests on up to four different ports for either single test parts that have multiple connection points, or when testing multiple separate parts sequentially, and store all this test data together.
Blackbelt can now also test with differential pressure/vacuum decay, available with the same 1, 2, 3, or 4 sequential test ports. This adds to the existing capabilities for pressure decay, mass flow, occlusion and ramping testing. Differential decay is ideal for low leak rate and/or large internal part volume applications, and shorter cycle times.
We have also expanded the available range of standard manifold selections to include low isolated volume (<1.0 cc) for enhanced sensitivity when pressure decay testing small part volumes. In addition, almost all manifolds now feature upgraded valves rated for 40 million+ cycles. We have also expanded our standard mass flow ranges to add 20 and 500 sccm (standard cubic cm per minute), as well as 1 and 10 slm (standard liters per minute).
More user-friendly tooling and fixturing options
Blackbelt now features expanded IO, with 12 inputs/12 outputs, and up to eight tooling actuation valves. This delivers more control related to tooling options and reduces manual intervention by the operator.
The Blackbelt’s intuitive user interface allows operators to configure up to eight tooling motions that might otherwise require a PLC. This is a significant advantage, considering the expense and complexity of PLC hardware and the associated programming labor it can require.
Industrial Ethernet with PROFINET and EtherNet/IP
We have also added the communication protocols if users do want to interface with a PLC. Blackbelt now features added Industrial Ethernet connectivity with PROFINET, in addition to existing capabilities for EtherNet/IP, Telnet, and Serial.
Easily manage your Blackbelts with CTSnet LT— included at no additional charge
CTSnet LT software comes at no additional cost with each upgraded Blackbelt. Plant staff can use it to remotely manage these upgraded Blackbelt instruments that are on the plant’s network from a desktop or laptop PC.
Configure tests and copy/paste new test programs to quickly configure another instrument. Review waveforms and other data generated by each test cycle and export reports. Quickly upgrade instrument firmware. Backup up and restore programs and instrument settings.
Is Blackbelt the right choice for you?
It is … if any of any of these leak testing scenarios/requirements apply to your production line:
- Test pressure requirements ranging from vacuum to as high as 1,000 psig
- Applications with low reject leak rate limits that require the enhanced test sensitivity offered by differential pressure decay or low isolated volume instrumentation
- Mass flow requirements ranging from 0.2 to 10,000 sccm (standard) or more (custom)
- Multi-step test requirements to test in sequence for potential leaks and blockages, and/or measuring precise valve cracking pressures
- Devices that may have multiple unique pressurized zones that require multi-port sequential testing
- Single-use disposable medical device manufacturing, where many different testing needs may exist across a multitude of different production lines – validation expense could be significantly reduced by using the same instrument model (even with different configurations/capabilities) in all areas and sharing commonly used portions of validation documentation
- Station set-up or production environments that require a compact, bench-top test instrument that can still manage high production volumes
- Built-in German language menus are preferred